Monday, August 25, 2008

So Training is all but complete...

Wow, it feels like we've been in training for years instead of months. We've learned everything from the Iraqi Language, Culture and History, to new weapons and protection systems and equipment. We have learned and developed ways to operate in a Counter-Insurgency Operations (COIN) role and are very proficient, if I do say so myself. But it is definately time to get to the work we came to do.

Our training has included briefs from many different experts on US Army and Iraqi Army operations, to include: General David Petraeus, the senior Coalition Commander in Iraq and a very intelligent man, and the Sergeant Major of the entire Iraqi Army. Soon we will leave Taji, our third training base, for our permanent base of operations, just south of Baghdad. I am definitely ready to get started.

Please do not expect our team to assist the Iraqi Army in becoming completely proficient in just the one year we are here. After all it took the 13 original states 13 year to establish an effective constitution and our Army hundreds of years to become a world class power.

Now for the lighter stuff. Things are going well. I am trying to not come home at 250 lbs., but the Dining Facilities to this point have more food choices than the food court at the Post Exchange Mall. I have been eating way too much Baskin Robbins. And the cheese cake . . . . So please do not send tons of goodies. I am already spending over an hour and a half a day at the gym to maintain my weight.

My mailing address is:
CPT Aaron Wentworth
MiTT 5-4-6
Unit 0645
APO AE 09361

We should be able to start receiving mail now. Please if anyone has questions, post them. I just made it easier for people to post comments, as you no longer have to have a google account in order to post. Sorry I am new to this blog site.

Did you notice the blog looks different. I have a slide show on the right side with sme photos of me and the team. By posting the photos this way, it keeps the size of the blog down allowing for a faster download. You can double click the thumbnail and it will open up my web album at Picaza. I plan to add some family photos a bit later.

I also have added links to the other blogs of my fellow teammates, a Baghdad weather link and temperature converter, and of course since we were assigned the Jedi Callsign, i added Yoda's Quote of the day at the bottom. Please tell me what you think.

Well, I have been on the internet long enough today, with talking to Kyle, my brother, on Skype and setting up thechanges to the blog. Please keep us in your prayers and God Bless you All.

Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

Sorry we missed you in last days at Ft. Riley. We owe you a steak or something. It did mean alot to the SGM and me that we did get to see you though....
Thanks for keeping us posted. We're thinking of you guys!!

Fondly,Carolyne and Mark